Friday, January 15, 2010

Vitual Field Trips! Travel from your desk!

Good morning!  I've been meaning to post this for a while now!  Ever since I've been to the NYSCATE Conference, I've been dying to see a teacher in one of my districts try out a virtual field trip.  There are so many to choose from!  They do cost some money, but not too much, and I believe some are free!

So here's my challenge: browse through the sites listed below to find a trip you want to take with your class.  Then, I will do everything I can to make it happen for you!  It will be so fun for your students, I promise!

These sites have trips ranging from museums to Nasa to universities around the country.
Electronic Field Trips
-or-
VC Content Providers

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea and have always wanted to try it. There is a lot to choose from. The task of figuring out the web site, organizing the materials needed, and making sure all technology is working seems a daunting task though as a teacher in the classroom full time. It would be more beneficial with some help and guidance the first time. Our district is lucky to have you one day a week. It would be exciting to tackle this challenge, but would you be available to assist me through? Massena Distrait only has you one day a week. Perhaps I could choose something for my next Unit, and work though it for a few weeks. As well as be shown the equipment I would need or how things would work. Any ideas or suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you give me e few weeks heads up, I feel confident that we could put a trip together! When you spot one (or more) that you may be interested in, let me know and I will email my Polycom contact so we can get started! How exciting!

    (The only thing I'm unsure of is where the money comes from...if you are unsure as well, let me know and I can ask Patti Fisher where we could get funding)

    ReplyDelete