Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Well now, I'm a bit ashamed of meself fir not postin' fir ya.  But I might as well make up fir it now?
...Ok, ok that was supposed to be me speaking in an Irish brogue to you, hence the mispellings.  But now on to business! As you may have determined, today is St. Patrick's Day!  I have some neat links for you to check out:

Want to know a bit more about Ireland?  Apples for the Teacher has an awesome eBook that was created by a 6th grade class in Ireland as well as read aloud by the students of that class.  You can learn about Ireland (just a note however, that this was made in 1999) and listen to the wonderful accents of Irish children.  Listen and learn here.

Another link, or links rather, that I wanted to share are some clips of the Chicago River being dyed green to celebrate everybody's favorite Irish holiday.

MSNBC
Time lapse photography video done by artist Anthony Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment