Thursday, March 25, 2010

Own Your C

I found a pretty neat site for today...it's called Own Your C (the "C" stands for "choice" I'm guessing).  You can choose to sign up for an account or stay completely anonymous, but once you visit the site you will be presented with a question asking you your opinion (agree or disagree) on a health topic.  For instance, some of the statements I weighed in on were, "Chewing tobacco is no big deal." and "Using my cell phone while driving does not affect my performance."  Once you answer agree or disagree, you can see the results of other peoples' answers displayed in an attention-grabbing layout.  Then you can choose from different demographics (collected from only those who have signed up for a profile) to analyze the data in correlation to gender, age, etc.
I imagine that this would be a neat exercise to do with a health class or possibly a social class talking about current events.  Each student could use their own computer or the teacher could present this on the whiteboard.  Share any other ideas you may have for using this interesting site!

No comments:

Post a Comment