Monday, February 8, 2010

It's Google Week!

Hello!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I've decided that I will make this week a highlight of all that Google has to offer.  You may or may not know that Google is more than just a search tool.  But, there are so many useful tools offered by this giant of the Internet.

The first stop on our tour: iGoogle

 By making an iGoogle page, you can customize Google to look just how you want. You can apply themes to your page to get the appearance you want, but more importantly, you can add "gadgets" to display the information that is most important to you.  For example, on my penguin-themed iGoogle page, I have added in news headlines, tech headlines, weather, calendar, email, and much more.  So, when I go to Google, I am automatically re-directed to my iGoogle page where I can view everything in one place.

Want to try?  Just go to Google.com, click on iGoogle in the top right corner and sign up for an account.  You do not have to use a gmail account!  You can use your existing school email as a username.  But, remember what you use because that same username will come in to use later on this week!

After you've got your page, begin customozation by clicking on "Change Theme" or "Add Stuff".  There are lots of choices for adding gadgets, so I recommend using the search box to find specific ones you may be looking for.

Happy iGoogling!

No comments:

Post a Comment