Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bitstrips: Comics for your classroom


Today's site is one I am very excited about.  Bitstrips is an online comic creator.You can go in, create an account and proceed to making your own characters and comics.  I recommend this site for middle school to high school.  There is a version for education, but it has to be paid for.  So, when using the free version for everyone, be prepared to pre-screen because the content is not filtered.  Nothing tremendously offensive, but it's still good to monitor.  I would say that this site would be great for illustrating any concept in any subject area.  I made one for you to see (it's really easy!):



So, not very educational, but just to give you an idea of potential, I designed this character from scratch, controlled all her movements and facial expressions, and gave her speech bubbles and props.  So, you could design anyone from Marie Curie to Aristotle.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment