Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mission US, a fantastic US history resource!

I have discovered that there is a wonderful new online resource to learn about the Revolutionary War.  Mission US is an free online adventure game.  You as the teacher can preview by playing through each of the chapters and then set up a class of students so your students can do the same.  You can also track your students' progress through the game!
As you play, you will see the preceding events of the  Revolutionary War in 1770 Boston from the viewpoint of young apprentice, Nat Wheeler.  You can click on your surroundings, learning about daily life, political cartoons, and vocabulary of the time.  You can also unlock a Rock Band-esque mini game where students practice playing the penny flute and songs of that era.  It is loads of fun and completely educational, your students will LOVE it!

Register for FREE and share any experiences here!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this! It is awesome and I've been playing. However, I have found that it is blocked in some districts- bummer- But I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been playing it to and I love it! That's too bad about it being blocked! But, maybe we could work with the district technician to work on getting it unblocked if a teacher really wants to try it?

    ReplyDelete